Senior Product Writer at Opentable
Find your table for any occasion
- Job title
- Senior Product Writer
- Job listing last updated at
- Nov 13, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Our San Francisco design team is seeking a strong, creative and versatile writer with experience in content strategy, product and brand. You have a holistic understanding of how voice and tone are essential to brand communications and brand perception overall. You have an acute knack for copy, are a speedy writer, a meticulous editor, and adept in helping to develop brand voice throughout product and content.
You are a jack-of-all-trades writer and love jumping in on just about any new feature, product, or content task. You are an upbeat champion for the customer and their desires, needs, and challenges. You have a passion for and experience specific to the food + tech community and follow the evolution of digital content.
- 5-8 years of professional writing experience, including 2 years of in-product writing experience (UI, notifications, error messages, tooltips, etc.) for a consumer tech or digital media brand, ideally within the food industry
- Airtight writing skills and experience thinking strategically about brand concepts and implementation across multiple platforms, with a specific focus on product language
- Ability to translate market research and data to into brand language and stories
- Diplomatic, effective communicator with strong collaboration skills
- Strong storyteller with an interest in content marketing and editorial (content management / production, digital media or journalistic experience a plus)
- Proactive, organized, enthusiastic
- Awareness of the restaurant community and overall foodie
- Healthy, happening sense of humor
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, marketing and support to craft strong content in a unified brand voice. Manage multiple projects like a champ
- Contribute to the evolution of our brand and voice
- Help develop and refine a robust style guide and educate the company on how to be content ambassadors
- Produce on deadline
- Manage freelance writers and their work for larger scale content initiatives
OpenTable is the world’s leading restaurant management platform. Our software and services enable restaurants to launch, run and grow their restaurants, allowing them to spend less of their time worrying about their business and more time focusing on their craft.
First established in 1998, OpenTable has defined a market by building products that empower restaurants to manage and grow their business along with ways for people to easily find and book places to eat. We seat millions of diners daily in tens of thousands of restaurants around the globe, and we're just getting started.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
About the design team
The design team at OpenTable works right across product, brand, research and content and is made up of service designers, interaction designers, writers, strategists, visual designers and researchers who work hand in hand with our peers in marketing, product management and engineering to build OpenTable's market defining products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.