Senior Software Engineer - Payments at HintMD
Create better beauty outcomes for your patients and better business outcomes for your practice.
- Job title
- Senior Software Engineer - Payments
- Job listing last updated at
- Nov 21, 2019
- Job listing location
- Pleasanton, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
HintMD is a well-funded technology start-up in the aesthetics industry. Our platform offers a seamless, simple and smart payment solution that enables physicians to offer patients a premium experience, every time. HintMD’s team of leaders – not bosses – is committed to success and includes successful entrepreneurs, industry experts and people passionate about making a difference in our customers’ lives. We work hard and play hard, approaching every day with a can-do attitude and never forgetting to give back to the community while having fun along the way.
Our company believes in shared success and offers equity for full-time employees, as well as full health insurance coverage, disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) options and generous vacation time.
HintMD’s headquarters are in beautiful Pleasanton, California.
We are seeking a Principle Engineer, Payments to become an integral part of our team! We are currently on the lookout for talented senior software engineers to join our world-class, results-driven team. This is an opportunity to be a big part of a small but amazing team of highly talented people. We are having a huge impact in our industry and are having fun along the way.
- Help to build and architect our payment facilitator platform.
- Show strong technical leadership skills and the ability to resolve ambiguity.
- Work cross-functionally with our product, analytics, and operations team to develop new features and improve existing processes.
- Build systems that manage customers’ sensitive data and holding the company to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Constant quality improvement of code and infrastructure.
- Estimate engineering efforts and coming up with realistic schedules and plans.
- Identify and resolving complex production issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of software experience with 5+ years in the payments or payment facilitator industry.
- Experience working with payment processing, PCI compliance and payment processing integration.
- Experience in software development design and an ability to implement scalable, fault tolerant systems that are PCI compliant.
- Proficiency in programming skills with Java, Node.js and GraphQL.
- Experience with relational databases and schema design.
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies.
- Rigorous in automated testing, code quality and engineering best practices.
- Higher-level analytical skills in taking business requirements and creating solutions.
- Self-motivated, self-starting, an attention to detail and a great team player.
- Creative and innovative, with the ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.