Senior Backend Software Engineer at Webflow
Webflow gives designers and developers the power to design, build, and launch responsive websites visually, while writing clean, semantic code for you.
- Job title
- Senior Backend Software Engineer
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 13, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco HQ or Remote
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Join us if you want to work on the next generation web publishing platform. Work on our CMS, use powerful technology like GraphQL, node.js, and OpenResty on our robust AWS infrastructure. Monitor, build, and scale a node.js, MongoDB, and redis stack on a resilient AWS deployment all coordinated by Rancher, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement a performant web publishing platform for people of all backgrounds. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.
This is a full-time, salaried position. In addition to a competitive salary and equity package, we include: awesome medical, dental, and vision plans, employer-funded HRA plan, 4+ weeks of paid vacation, catered lunches and stocked kitchen, new apple gear, commuter benefits, $100 monthly Lyft credit, paid parental leave programs, in-office bicycle storage, and fun team-building events.
Learn more about our engineering culture on our KeyValues profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/webflow
What you'll do:
- Write scalable services in node.js, AWS Lambda, and OpenResty (Lua)
- Architect and build scalable infrastructure using Terraform, Kubernetes (EKS), and Docker
- Write new APIs and rewrite old ones using GraphQL and Apollo
- Contribute to our codebase and add your own features
- Work on our high-performance web hosting infrastructure in Lua
- Write high-performance, concurrent node.js code that powers all of our APIs
- Use your experience running highly scalable systems to improve our development and deployment processes
- Collaborate with our team of top designers and engineers
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Have significant experience (4+ years) in engineering scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Previous experience in either Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience in React.js/GraphQL is a plus
- Deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Built and worked on complex web applications
- A deep understanding of design patterns — and an even better knowledge of when to apply them
- Very comfortable behind a linux terminal
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!