Senior Technical Program Manager, Core Infrastructure at Slack
When your team needs to kick off a project, hire a new employee, deploy some code, review a sales contract, finalize next year's budget, measure an A/B test, plan your next office opening, and more, Slack has you covered.
- Job title
- Senior Technical Program Manager, Core Infrastructure
- Job listing last updated at
- Jul 10, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Slack is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to drive initiatives for Slack’s Core Infrastructure Team. We rapidly iterate and work closely with other teams in engineering to ensure we build resilient systems that can scale. We have a strong commitment to quality and understand that simplicity and reliability should be primary aspects of the systems we build. We are ambitious, independent, and pragmatic.
Our organization needs your help to drive Infrastructure Engineering programs from scoping through delivery while ensuring that work is well understood, resourced appropriately and is executed successfully across multiple departments.
You will use your strategic thinking skills to drive successful long term plans while working on multiple, highly-detailed and technically complicated projects. As Slack grows, it is critical that you develop methods that help the team get their work done effectively. You will lead process improvement through the disciplined analysis of metrics and evaluation of alternatives.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with the Director and leadership team to develop roadmaps and drive program execution for Core Infrastructure
- Model and deliver process improvements for cross-functional teams
- Assess technical, product and business impacts for company goals and translate them to departmental strategies
- Build and maintain timelines, role & responsibility matrices, project plans and trackers, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Increase developer efficiency through process improvements, high value meeting design and execution and estimation improvements
What you should have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- 6+ years leading engineering planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization.
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects and programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering, or three years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.