Software Engineer - Automation, Tools & Infrastructure at Coda
For years, your team has been split across spreadsheets, docs, and apps. It’s time to bring us back together.
- Job title
- Software Engineer - Automation, Tools & Infrastructure
- Job listing last updated at
- Oct 20, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Coda is looking for a talented engineer to join our growing team as we deliver on the future of productivity software who is passionate about Developer Productivity, Test Automation, and DevOps. If you have experience in best-practice technical operations and love to collaborate with development teams, from design through the development and test process to production support we want to talk with you. This is a new team for us, so if you're interested, this role could also grow into a leadership position over time.
Documents and spreadsheets have remained relatively unchanged for the last 40 years and yet these paradigms still largely dominate how businesses and people operate. We're taking a fresh approach and empowering anyone to start with something as simple as a document and easily involve this into a powerful, connected application. We believe this will be game-changing and influence the paradigms of the next 40 years.
- Partner with the development team to set a long term roadmap for Coda's developer environment.
- Establish testing automation frameworks for frontend (multi-browser + ReactJS), mobile (iOS + Android), and backend (NodeJS) areas.
- Build requisite automation for repetitive yet complex tasks through the use of scripts/DevOps tools and pipelines, utilizing services such as CircleCI and Kubernetes.
- Build support websites to aid in support, monitoring, and maintenance of software services for internal teams.
- Monitor, measure, and optimize build and deploy systems and processes.
- Independently troubleshoot complex systems and environments including applications, networking components and develop scripts, applications, and processes to improve system stability.
- Work with a variety of teams to design systems, develop and maintain scripts, websites, and automation for use by the Operations Organization.
- Coordinate with other technical staff to implement changes to our primary application and relevant systems.
- Document processes, procedures, configurations, and deployment plans.
- Setup, configure and maintain public, private cloud infrastructure.
- Setup, configure and maintain monitoring tools.
This role can work from San Francisco, CA, Mountain View, CA, or Bellevue, WA.