Software Engineer, Front-End - Growth at Grammarly
Millions trust Grammarly's free writing app to make their messages, documents, and posts clear, mistake-free, and effective.
- Job title
- Software Engineer, Front-End - Growth
- Job listing last updated at
- Oct 28, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know that clear and effective communication improves people’s lives. We want to help everyone improve their communication. That’s why we’ve built an AI-powered communication assistant—to help the world’s 1.5 billion English speakers feel heard. So far, we’ve created a product that reaches 15 million people every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.
We’re looking for an exceptional, experienced Software Engineer, Front-End to create, contribute to, and lead the Growth team’s frontend engineering work by taking ownership of Grammarly's main website for user acquisition and blogging infrastructure. This engineer will design, develop, debug, troubleshoot, optimize, and release front-end features based on business inputs. In this role, you’ll assess and recommend ways to improve building, testing, and deployment processes for the front end stack. This person will work very closely with the marketing and content teams to incorporate their needs into high-quality code and beautiful UI.
What You Will Accomplish
- Work with team members in SF and Kyiv to get the full grasp of Grammarly’s front-end stack—funnel and blog
- Review code from other UI engineers on the team
- Start delivering bug fixes/features while gaining an understanding of code base, development, testing, and release processes
- Integrate Grammarly's custom tracking module in the front-end for things like page visit, button clicks etc.
- Prepare a plan to achieve results and execute against a timeline with predictability
- Mentors junior engineers and provide technical leadership when faced with challenging and/or ambiguous situations
Talents You Bring to the Team
- You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable).
- You have 3+ years experience in HTML and CSS
- Understands vulnerability in web applications and how to eliminate them
- Champion of continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) processes
- Can work with backend engineers to define the API requirements (input, output) to fulfill UI needs
- Experience with performance analysis of front-end applications
What Grammarly Offers You
- Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
- Healthcare, 401K, communication coaching, and great coworkers!
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.