Software Engineer II - Austin, TX at Qualia
Redefining the real estate transaction. Qualia is a team of top software engineers, real estate professionals, and user experience experts who are improving how real estate is transacted.
- Job title
- Software Engineer II - Austin, TX
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 27, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco Office
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the way real estate professionals, lenders, and homebuyers manage real estate transactions, one of the nation’s largest industries. Qualia is backed by 8VC and other top investors and is growing quickly. Our thousands of passionate users spend the majority of their day logged into one of Qualia’s web and mobile enterprise apps.
We are hiring entrepreneurial engineers interested in being a part of our scaling engineering team. Our engineers are conscientious hackers who like teamwork but are also comfortable with independent projects. Our engineering team releases new software every week, moves at a fast pace, and works directly with our design and customer-facing teams to imagine and build the new experiences our customers love. Because of that, you’ll get a rewarding variety of projects to work on.
Here’s What You’ll Do Day-To-Day
- Your work will focus on building web technologies, both frontend and backend. You’ll work on improving and extending our core web applications, diverse software integrations, payment-processing systems, and other exciting new features.
- Our engineers are generalists, and your responsibilities will be flexible based on company needs as well as your skills and interests.
The Experience You Need
- We are looking for strong full-stack engineers.
- We value engineers who have good product sense, attention to detail, and passion for the impact of the software they build.
The Tech Stack You’ll Use
- Meteor / Semantic UI / MongoDB
- Microservice architecture / Docker / AWS
- Local copy of full production stack for development
- GitHub for version control and pull requests
Why Join Our Team
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We release new software every week so customers will benefit from your work right away
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Employees take time to eat together and share conversation at our daily catered lunches
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance
About our Engineering Team
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an engineering talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team.
- Qualia is ambitious. We offer, or intend to offer, products to just about every party in the real estate transaction. We started by focusing on the workflow of the title company, the most important party in the closing phase of a real estate transaction, and we're fanning out from there.
- At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the real estate closing process, a $40 billion industry historically untouched by modern cloud-based technology. Our platform brings everyone involved in the closing process – lenders, realtors, title agents, home buyers and sellers – onto one shared, secure, mobile system of record.
- Basically, we’re making buying a home in America easier, safer, cheaper, and less painful by finally bringing the process online!