Software Engineer II - Full Stack (San Francisco, CA) at Earnest
We’re using unrivaled service and technology to bring low-interest loans to high-potential people. Like you.
- Job title
- Software Engineer II - Full Stack (San Francisco, CA)
- Job listing last updated at
- Jan 29, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
We are currently building dynamic engineering teams in San Francisco, CA, Santa Clara, CA and Salt Lake City, UT. Come join us!
Earnest empowers people with the financial capital they need to live better lives.
We're an accomplished team of technology, finance, and design geeks who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
Our culture is one that values transparency and blameless problem solving. Earnest has a strong track record of employee growth and career progression. Earnies are empathetic, product-focused, proactive, and curious.
As a Software Engineer II at Earnest, you’ll build the software that is changing consumer lending, automating the loan approval process and orchestrating the transfer of billions of dollars. In addition to the $6+ billion in loans actively serviced, we build tools to maximize Earnest's growth while providing the best possible client experience. You will report to the Engineering Manager.
On the server side, we use Node.js. On the client-side we use React/Redux for building new things and Angular for everything else. We deploy services in Docker and Kubernetes on AWS. We integrate with other internal microservices (written in Node.js and Scala) and store the bulk of our data in Postgres and Amazon S3.
- Integrate data science and machine learning models to automate loan decisions
- Integrate against third-party APIs to analyze additional data
- Launch new products and other lines of credit
- Accelerate funding of loans
Ideal background and expertise:
- 3+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with server-side concepts, e.g. microservices, database, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability
- Experience with Node.js
- Professional experience in React/Redux desirable
- Work experience with databases such as PostgresSQL
- Domain experience developing software for Fintech, Banking, or related Consumer Financial Services companies is a plus
Earnest Perks & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- $1000 flight on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world and 25 days of annual PTO
- Great culture with an awesome team
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.