Sr. Product Marketing Manager at DNAnexus
DNAnexus, a cloud-based genome informatics & data management platform, is accelerating genomic medicine by making it easier to work with genomic data
- Job title
- Sr. Product Marketing Manager
- Job listing last updated at
- Mar 10, 2019
- Job listing location
- Mountain View
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Senior Product Marketing Manager
DNAnexus® has built the world’s most secure cloud platform and global network for scientific collaboration and accelerated discovery. We embrace challenges and partnership to tackle the world’s most exciting opportunities across a spectrum of industries – biopharmaceutical, bioagricultural, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, government, and research consortia.
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager you will be responsible for effectively evangelize, create demand and support sales for the DNAnexus products across pharma research, clinical healthcare, and mid-to-large throughput sequencing provider market segments. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and driving go-to-market plans using your deep knowledge of the market segments, their needs, and how DNAnexus products provide value. You will collaborate closely with the Products, Science, and Global Marketing teams to provide Sales with high-quality collateral and develop innovative marketing programs to drive demand. You will play a key role in bringing new products to market as well as promoting existing products.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who possesses a unique blend of business, creative and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and strong track record of turning the vision into reality. You would provide domain expertise and strategic support to Marketing and Sales while working in conjunction with industry partners and customers.
- Develop product messaging and positioning solutions through compelling, well-written, and descriptive content that articulates business value and benefits based on strong knowledge of the industry.
- Develop marketing programs and creative methods that promote and differentiate the DNAnexus brand in a professional, innovative and memorable way.
- Contribute to the overall product marketing plans for the DNAnexus products detailing the activities from product launch through demand generation and sales enablement.
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Management to ensure the products are aligned to the market needs and to translate product capabilities to differentiated messages in the market.
- Conduct ongoing market research for current and future products by meeting with customers and prospects to understand needs and build relationships.
- Support sales with customer-facing presentations, battle cards, solution briefs, etc. for them to properly position solutions and close opportunities; deliver sales training and provide support.
- Contribute to editorial direction of corporate publications and thought leadership content such as blogs, contributed columns and articles for customer or analyst newsletters, etc. consistent with our core positioning.
- Define, own and drive programs that implement the go-to-market plans cross-functionally across DNAnexus. Be accountable for the success of the programs.
- Manage progress and report the current status, milestones, objectives, and metrics of the programs on a weekly basis to the executive team.
- Contribute and help build streamlined processes across multiple functional teams.
- 5+ years of Product Marketing industry experience with analytical software products.
- Understanding of large-scale web-based software systems, API-driven web services, cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) and experience with marketing SaaS, cloud and/or enterprise software products and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate at the right level for both business and scientific audiences.
- A self starter that can work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong people and management skills to interact with high caliber colleagues, cross-functional teams and customers.
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude with the ability to find creative, pragmatic solutions
- Highly organized with the ability to manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Experience with project management tools, sales, and marketing automation tools (e.g. Salesforce).
- Advanced degree in genomics, bioinformatics, computational biology or related biotechnology field. PhD is a plus. Working experience in a research or clinical setting preferred.
- Willing to travel for customer meetings, conferences, and internal offsite meetings.
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include Google Ventures, TPG Biotech, Foresite Capital, and Wuxi NextCODE.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!