Sr. Web Developer, Marketing at Marqeta
Marqeta card-issuing platform is inspiring new possibilities for the world's most innovative companies. Learn about our merchant services and virtual card here!
- Job title
- Sr. Web Developer, Marketing
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 5, 2020
- Job listing location
- Oakland, California
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are seeking a seasoned Web Developer to own all front-end & back-end web development for our consumer-facing website Marqeta.com. The right person for this role has experience building world class modern B2B websites that explain complex products in an elegant, simple & visual way. You will influence our web tech stack infrastructure strategy to improve operational efficiencies focused on quality & speed. You will constantly improve site performance & conversion rates. You are a master at collaborating with Marketing, Project Management, Design & QA. You thrive at implementing quality designs in a fast paced environment. This role is a critical core part of our growing Web Squad team within Marketing.
You are an intellectual super-power with an awesome attitude, inquisitive mind and a strong desire to work with the incredibly smart people who are enabling our extraordinary growth. If you join the Marqeta team, you will be an integral part of this very fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing development.
- Own implementing all front-end Marqeta.com web pages
- Ability to build modern cutting edge landing pages & animations that explain complex payment products in simple visual stories to inspire users
- Own back-end web infrastructure tech stack and make ongoing improvements
- Partner closely with Marketing, Project Management, Design & QA to launch new site pages
- Build across all browsers & devices (desktop, mobile, tablet etc.)
- Always adopting the latest web best practices & technology with a learning mindset
- Constantly improve site performance load times to be world class
- Implement sound engineering processes to improve output efficiency & quality
- Thrives working in a culture of constant learning, testing, improvement & rapid growth
- 7+ years of B2B web development experience with a focus on Wordpress or other similar CMS templates.
- Expert at launching a high volume of pages via CMS tools & comfortable managing frequent ongoing updates
- Experience owning back-end web tech stack infrastructure to deliver world class experiences with quality & speed
- When resources are limited, ability to help with web UI/UX design wireframing, rapid prototyping & QA automation
- Comfortable with Relational Databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- Knowledgeable in React or similar front-end frameworks
- Solid understanding of development life cycle and Git workflows
- Has experience working with JSON RESTful APIs
- Has proficiency working in a Linux environment
- Has familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Always writes tests
- Experience implementing world class design visuals to tell a compelling story
- Proven success in web performance & conversion rate optimization
- Can implement designs across all devices & browsers
- Experience working closely with Marketing, Project Management, Design & QA teams
- Ability to work in the Oakland headquarters is desired but not required
- Strong commitment to quality and a high degree of self-motivation
- Great communication skills
- Demonstrated record of delivering projects on time with high quality
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
Bonus Points For:
- Payments experience is a plus but not required
- Experience hiring & mentoring junior web developers given our team is quickly growing
- Fluent in Ruby and excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails; if lacking, demonstrate why you're a quick study
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- An active GitHub repository
- Experience working with Docker/containerization
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.