Staff Software Engineer, Enterprise Applications at Coinbase
Coinbase is the easiest and most trusted place to buy, sell, and manage your digital currency.
- Job title
- Staff Software Engineer, Enterprise Applications
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 24, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the crypto economy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to lead and drive capabilities for our Finance, HR, Sales or Support Engineering team in IT. A passion for engineering practices like product quality, CI/CD and agile adoption, is a must, from day one.
The Senior Software Engineer with be responsible for development work in various platforms. The role will report to the Sr. Manager of Integrations, Data, Analytics (EAA). The growing Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) team is based in San Francisco, CA, with a global presence in other offices.
We have an extensive portfolio of world-class implementations of NetSuite, Anaplan, Coupa, Workday, SFDC and Mulesoft to help our Company scale. The successful candidate must have significant previous experience in similar roles, in rapidly growing organizations.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Design, build and maintain custom backend/frontend applications and services in the domains of Finance, HR, Sales, Support that integrate with best-in-class enterprise systems.
- Work with engineering managers, product managers, and designers to turn vision into a functional software for our stakeholders every quarter.
- Act as an owner where you will be involved in all stages of the application from inception through support.
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our home-grown enterprise systems.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education
- Proven record of building security-led highly reliable systems, meeting non-functional requirements (availability, scalability, supportability, interoperability)
Nice to haves:
- You are familiar with SDLC practices like agile/scrum
- Enjoy uncertainty and changing requirements in a fast-paced & high-growth environment
- Passionate about the crypto economy.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.