Senior PR Specialist/Manager at App Annie
App Annie is the standard in app analytics and app market data, giving you one easy-to-use platform for running every stage of your app business.
- Job title
- Senior PR Specialist/Manager
- Job listing last updated at
- Sep 11, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Senior PR Specialist/Manager
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. The company created the mobile app data market and has been fueling world-class, mobile businesses since 2010. App Annie's mission is to power B2C companies' mobile transformation and enable customers to deliver winning consumer experiences.
If you’re an experienced public relations professional with a flare for crafting and pitching compelling corporate stories and get excited to leverage a wealth of data to contribute to storytelling across just about every industry, App Annie would love to meet you.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I’m an experienced, dynamic public relations professional with a flare for crafting, pitching and landing compelling corporate stories and I get excited to leverage the wealth of data App Annie has to contribute to storytelling across just about every industry.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for driving positive media coverage that tells our innovation story and will lead our media relations and social media strategy, including the management of our influencer marketing programs in the Americas. We seek talent that will join us as we look to not just disrupt the mobile data market, but rewrite history and blaze new paths as our company’s story and its impact transforms. By leveraging our wealth of data and client roster that spans nearly every B2C industry, you will be identifying themes and developing stories that drive quality coverage and share our value to the market.
You will lead the development of our messaging and our communications and PR priorities while working with our partner agency, your regional PR counterparts, executives. You will work closely with global marketing, our data and insights team, and company spokespeople and will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Global Marketing & Insights.
- Work with EVP of Global Marketing & Insights on messaging development, and strategic planning for App Annie in the U.S. and how it extends globally
- Develop a media relations and communications strategy, seeking high-level placements in mainstream and industry media to drive brand awareness, elevate our thought leadership, and best position the value of App Annie to the market
- Unearth unique, captivating stories revealed by our data; work with agency and regional counterparts to pitch the stories to media; use the stories in social media and other integrated marketing campaigns to drive demand generation and pipeline
- Craft compelling narratives for App Annie (primarily in the Americas market) and positively position our spokespeople externally through earned media, social media, and thought leadership speaking opportunities
- Develop high-impact content and assets, including but not limited to press releases, bylines, blog posts, and social media posts
- Make creative use our data, platform, customers, and events to generate newsworthy stories that showcase the business value of our solutions
- Propose the right metrics — including formulating custom metrics — to assess the performance of our media relations and communication strategy and recommend future strategies
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for App Annie executives and marketing teams in North America; respond to incoming media requests and other communications; and coordinate executive schedules with their EAs to accommodate media interviews and speaking opportunities
- Candidate needs to be a problem solver and present scrappy ways to move ideas forward with little guidance
- Drive thought leadership content around mobile data and analytics and the mobile economy
- Serving as the point of contact with PR agency and consultants while managing timelines and deliverables accordingly
- Develop ongoing communications plans to support key brand efforts, major industry (i.e., E3, MAU, MWC) and owned events and activities (i.e., media roundtables, annual reports, benchmark data, etc.), product launches, announcements, and campaigns
- Experience in business and technology media relations and manage day-to day media relations activities, including preparing and coordinating executive spokespeople for interviews
- Form effective relationships with department heads to ensure the development of strategic PR plans
- Manage speaking and award programs – identifying unique opportunities and drafting content to secure earned and paid opportunities
- Develop a media relations and communications strategy, seeking high-level placements in mainstream and industry media to drive brand awareness and elevate our thought leadership
- Leverage our existing media relationships and cultivate new relationships with business and industry media, key journalists, and industry influencers
- Manage the San Francisco-based PR agency and produce as much business impact as possible from the work they do — and measure it
You will bring:
- 8+ years of experience at PR Agency and/or in-house (ideal candidate has both)
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships quickly and effectively communicate with all levels
- Excellent project management and organizational skills that can easily pivot from one activity and focus area to another
- Relevant media contacts and experience managing relationships with media
- Manage development process—strategy/plan development, briefing & successful execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or journalism, or equivalent work experience in a related field
- 10+ years of experience in media relations and communications strategy at the national and global level, working in-house or at a public relations agency
- Demonstrated success in accomplishing key business objectives spanning brand awareness, media placements, and demand generation
- Extensive experience developing and executing PR strategies across traditional media (including broadcast media, top-tier print publications, and industry, trade, and geographic publications), new media platforms (including social media outlets e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram) and new channels/tactics, such as influencer marketing
- Creativity in using products, customers, and events to generate media interest
- Strong ability to create buzz with a positive impact to the business; facility with measuring and optimizing the impact of media relations and communications strategies
- Strong project management skills and the agility to manage diverse projects simultaneously without missing a beat
- Impeccable business judgment; nuanced ability to discern and manage business and brand risk
- Ability to absorb technical concepts quickly and understand the business implications
- Sizable media network with reliable contacts, particularly in mobile, technology, and gaming
- Excellent writing, communicating, and storytelling abilities
- Passion for mobile and market data -- a huge plus
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to work from App Annie’s San Francisco office; no telecommuting.