Trust & Safety Analyst (Non-Core Hours) at Discord
(26 open jobs)
Step up your game with a modern voice & text chat app. Crystal clear voice, multiple server and channel support, mobile apps, and more.
- Job title
- Trust & Safety Analyst (Non-Core Hours)
- Job listing last updated at
- Dec 19, 2019
- Job listing location
- 444 De Haro St
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
We’re looking for a Protector of the Realm whose sworn duty is to defend our users from all manner of unwanted content and behavior. As a Trust and Safety Analyst, you’ll help write and enforce our guidelines, remove unwanted content from Discord, and mitigate bad experiences for our users. You’ll make tough judgment calls in intense situations, and you’ll explain your thoughtful reasoning to the team, our users, and third parties in clear and understandable terms.
What you'll be doing
- Respond to users who are writing in and need help.
- Review and evaluate content for compliance with our Community Guidelines.
- Collaborate with CX, legal, and PR in responding to sensitive issues.
- Think both quantitatively and qualitatively and create reports to drive continuous improvement to our policies.
What you should have
- A strong passion for gaming and online safety.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of just addressing symptoms.
- Incredible empathy and patience: we want our users to know that they’ve been heard, especially in unhappy situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make important decisions under pressure.
- Candidates should be local (San Francisco Bay Area) or willing to relocate.
- Strong preference for applicant to be able to work on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Bachelor's degree, Associate's degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience implementing content policies (for example, being a subreddit moderator)
- A cover letter is mandatory!
- Professional Trust and Safety experience.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, enough that you know keyboard shortcuts.
- In-depth knowledge on gaming culture and the latest trends.
- A high Dota MMR.