User Experience Designer, Mobile at Rally Health
Rally guides you through every step of your health care journey, helping you understand benefits, find the right care, and meet your individual goals.
- Job title
- User Experience Designer, Mobile
- Job listing last updated at
- Jul 3, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, “We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.”
The XD Mobile team is responsible for crafting the user experiences for our iOS and Android mobile applications. We combine elegant user interfaces, interaction fundamentals, effective motion design, and apply common sense design patterns that result in apps that are fun and entertaining to use. Our apps have consistently earned 4.5 to 5 star ratings from our enthusiastic users.
The User Experience Designer will join an existing 4 person design team focused on all design needs and you will also work closely with Engineering to implement your work and perfect the user experience. This position will report to the Mobile Design Director.
- Complete visual design of interfaces for iOS or Android
- Build low to high fidelity prototypes of interaction, animations or transitions
- Ensure final designs are pixel perfect prior to development handoff
- Collaborate with Product Management and other designers on product features
- Maintain and evolve Rally application style kits and branding
- Present your work creatively and be able to explain design decisions
- 3+ years of professional design experience
- BA or BFA in design or related field preferred, but not required
- Outstanding information architecture & interaction design with an attention to detail
- Proficiency with Sketch and InVision
- Ability to build rapid prototypes or short animation studies if needed using appropriate tools such as After Effects, Swift/Xcode, Framer.js, Origami, etc
- Understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and UIKit, Google’s Material Design, and general mobile design patterns
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Why join Rally? On top of a creative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America’s diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).