VP, Sales Productivity and Operations at Glassdoor
Search millions of jobs and get the inside scoop on companies with employee reviews, personalized salary tools, and more. Hiring? Post a job for free.
- Job title
- VP, Sales Productivity and Operations
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 17, 2019
- Job listing location
- Mill Valley, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Glassdoor’s mission is to help job seekers find a job and company they love. We’re a pioneer in bringing greater transparency to the recruiting process, changing the way job seekers look for jobs and employers hire. Through our recruiting platform, we help employers quickly and easily hire high-quality candidates.
The primary goal of the VP of Sales Productivity and Operations is to create and implement strategy, processes, systems, and infrastructure that boosts sales force and services productivity and efficiency, enabling Glassdoor to accelerate revenue growth and retention, increase market share, and meet strategic objectives. This person is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of revenue operations in the company. This person is also responsible for overseeing the operations and enablement teams for the Sales, & Customer Services departments. They will report into the Head of Sales and partner with the COO at Glassdoor to drive revenue growth.
- Provide strategy and recommendations to the business to provide scale and efficiency in the go to market sales and retention engine to drive and retain revenue.
- Develop a supporting revenue operations structure that drives efficiency through tools and efficiencies with effective staff additions. ▪ Develop Go-To-Market (GTM) scorecards that can be leveraged by the executive team to optimize and scale the business for accelerated growth.
- Collaborate with the COO, and key sales and services leadership to support the strategies that have been developed and provide the insight and reporting tools to support.
- Ensure alignment on the vision and champion the collaboration needed across a matrixed and cross-functional GTM Operations team to ensure we have the right analytics and insights.
- Fundamentally refine and standardize sales processes across the organization to improve operational efficiency, sales productivity, and customer satisfaction. These processes include forecasting and pipeline management, discount approval policies, payments processing requests, and hiring, and training procedures. Implement tools and systems to support these processes.
- Further develop the Sales organization by targeting territories around geographies and revenue. Work with geographic leaders to ensure that each of the territories is staffed with talented people and is capable of supporting our growing sales teams. ▪ Internally, act as the sales organization’s liaison with all other areas of Glassdoor’s business (FP&A, marketing, legal, IT, human resources, etc.) to ensure cooperation and consistency across the organization with key company growth objectives and operational priorities and business insights.
- Closely partner with head of Sales to ensure that the organization is disciplined, efficient, scalable, and has the tools and resources necessary for success.
- Develop sales compensation plans (including policies and procedures) that are competitive and compelling while also in alignment with the company’s objectives and financial goals. Establish sales commission processes and an attainment reporting system.
- Create curriculum for new hires as well as for ongoing sales enablement. Build a training staff and ensure that the sales force has the tools and resources they need to be successful, such as product training and literature, sales “playbooks,” negotiation training, etc. Plan events to build enthusiasm and camaraderie within the sales force. ▪ Evaluate tools and systems for sales and services that increase speed to market and responsiveness to our large client base. Consolidate existing tools where needed to save costs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 15+ years’ experience as a disciplined revenue operations and management professional. Track record of accurate forecasting, building and effectively managing large and diverse teams, and putting the appropriate processes and infrastructure in place to drive growth within a successful SaaS company.
- Proven ability to lead and scale sales operations of significant scope through growth periods.
- Success as a leader. Proven ability to attract, develop, and retain superstar level talent.
- Strategic thinker – able to operate as a senior leader and influence go to market and company strategy. Proven ability to formulate a high-level strategy, then convert into a tactical plan and execute on that plan.
- Business savvy; solid understanding of finance, operations, engineering, marketing, etc. and how these functions relate to and impact sales.
- “Hands-on” operating style and approach but a view towards the future and willingness to invest in people development and in developing an organization that will support a large company.
- Action and results oriented, demonstrating a bias to action. Meets commitments; pragmatic and tough minded. Able to lead others to make correct decisions. Sets appropriate expectations and holds people accountable.
- Technically competent. Understands the inner workings of the products, and translate that knowledge into benefits for a customer.
- Highly self-aware, collaborative, and open to feedback. Transparent
Glassdoor offers a fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, excellent benefits and the opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing tech company.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Choice of sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water or new San Francisco office space located in the heart of downtown
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office in Mill Valley (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.